As per Japanese law, LESJ is not allowed to prepare documents or give consultation regarding matters on which other professions have been given monopoly. The following are major examples of such cases. If your request falls under any of the following or any other fields of services restricted by Japanese law, LESJ can only work as an intermediary between you and such appropriate professionals. Note that there is no legal restriction on who can translate the documents prepared by these professionals.
- Matters related to tax---To be handled by Licensed Tax Accountants (“Zeirishi”)
- Matters related to registration (for commercial, real estate and other purposes)---To be handled by Judicial Scriveners (“Shiho Shoshi”)
- Matters related to labor and social insurance---To be handled by Labor and Social Security Attorney (“Shakai Hoken Roumushi”)
- Matters related to the registration of patents, utility models, trademarks, and industrial designs---To be handled by Patent Attorneys (“Benrishi”)
- Matters related to litigation or disputes that can potentially develop into lawsuits---To be handled by Lawyers (“Bengoshi”)